How many pleasant associations does this simple piece of furniture cause, how many positive emotions. And most importantly, how magically the rocking chair affects the human psyche, his emotional state. Sitting down in such a chair after a long working day, you immediately immerse yourself in the memories of childhood, of the cradle of mother. Thanks to this chair, you can again feel like a child without falling into childhood.
Rocking chair - a classic in its purest form. The convenient location of the body and the rhythmic swaying has to complete relaxation and adjusts to pleasant thoughts.
In addition to the magical effects on the emotional health of a person, a rocking chair can become quite a bright and original accent in the interior. It will look great, both in the bedroom or living room, and on the veranda or balcony. Perfectly complements any design, you only need to select the appropriate model.
Types of rocking chairs
Below we consider the most common types of rocking chairs:
- Openwork, manual weaving, the smell of natural wood, the unique atmosphere of comfort. This rocking-chair from a rod, willow rods one of the most widespread materials. It is in the chairs of this model that the older generation prefers to sit. Such a rocking chair is a classic of its kind. However, these chairs are unstable to moisture.
- Rocking chair made of rattan - flexible creepers. Such a rocking chair is a classic of a modern country house interior. Such material does not allow the use of fasteners on screws and nails, only adhesive contact and knitting. Therefore, the rocking chair of rattan is very inferior to the classic version of the rod. However, the vine is more durable than the vine, and therefore holds its shape better. A convenient option for use outside the home, on the veranda or balcony.
- Now the fashion has become the so-called soft rocking chair. A great option for those whose work requires a lot of time to sit in a sitting position. For upholstery using a variety of materials. The natural desire of man for comfort has transferred this model of the chair to offices. Naturally, more massive models are used for office space. Most choose new fashion trends and bold design decisions, but some prefer to leave everything in the already familiar classical style. In office style, as a rule, appear solid leather upholstery, or alternative - eco-leather. Strong and stable models. To create modern chairs use a variety of materials, from natural wood to hybrid options with metal and plastic. The most common furniture from Italy with the use of arc supports. More rarely, but still there are models with a round base. New design solution in the design of rocking chairs - an additional footrest, providing additional comfort.
- Designer hybrid chair is now at the peak of popularity, more sustainable, with soft upholstery and metal bars. An interesting and bold option to refresh the design of the house. The furniture of this model allows you to relax and unwind after a hard day's work. However, there is an increasing tendency to perform hybrid rocking chairs in the classical style. The most common version of the upholstery in these chairs is leather or eco-leather, less fabric.
Initially, a wicker rocking chair was made of beech wood. It was mandatory and the most common furniture in the homes of the intelligentsia, and of course in the workshops of the creative elite.
After the mid-twentieth century, the design of rocking chairs began to undergo significant changes. Antonio Volpe was the first who suggested adding metal inserts to the design of the already familiar rocking chair. And his bold design decision stuck very quickly. And nowadays, many people like these particular models.
Buying a rocking chair
To choose the rocking chair that is ideal for you, you must first decide for what purposes it will be used and where to stand. For outdoor recreation, cottage or on the plot, they usually choose metal or plastic, using various types of synthetics. Such models are quite resistant to the vagaries of the weather and they do not need special care. If for the rest in the fresh air, you still decided to choose a rocking chair made of wood in a classic style, then it is important to remember that such models are afraid of moisture. Protect them from rain and moisture. But for home use, they are great, a great option to dilute the situation in the bedroom, living room or on the balcony. In any, your favorite recreation area.
Rocking chairs can be divided into several groups according to the characteristics of use. Chairs of this model in the classic version, as a rule, are more dacha variant. They are relatively lightweight, do not have complex shapes and are relatively inexpensive.
Wicker furniture should be protected from rain and should not be too often kept under the open sky. From direct sunlight, such products begin to shrink and crack, and from moisture to swell and stick. Metal or plastic rocking chairs are ideal for outdoors.
If the chair is designed for home use, then you can choose a variety of options based on their preferences. Various models of legs and weaving. Any finishing options from the most expensive, solid leather options to synthetics. The most popular type of upholstery now is eco-leather.
There is also a special type of rocking chair for office workers. They can be divided into two subspecies. The first is the head. Massive models with an impressive finish: eco-leather or leather. Broad and massive. These chairs look presentable and modern. The second type is chairs for working, office spaces. Intended for recreation of employees in non-working areas.
There are also special rocking chairs for children. As a rule, the design of such seats is more gaming. Various animals, horses or birds.
It often happens that the rocking chair starts to creak almost immediately after purchase. This is due to the fact that the protective lacquer coating is quickly erased from the surface of the chair. If the chair creaks badly, or creaks only in certain places, this indicates the presence of a marriage. A new chair can only creak slightly due to the fresh varnish. First of all, when choosing a chair, you need to ensure the quality of the parts, and most importantly weaving. It should immediately very carefully inspect the product. Unfortunately, it is often difficult to see the breaks during the first inspection, and in fact the durability of the purchased product depends on it. Inspect the product carefully before purchasing.
Before buying a little limited to external inspection. You need to check whether it is easy to swing and how stable. Also, this model of the chair should not overturn when swinging and not deviate to the side. Therefore, before buying sit in a chair and properly shake, only this way you can ensure that there are no defects in the product. Inspect the upholstery, if it is an eco-leather or leather, carefully inspect the product for scratches or hooks.
So, to summarize, what should be a rocking chair, what to consider before buying a product:
- In the classic wicker chair you need a happy medium. It should not be hard or too soft.
- The chair should not fall when rocking, should not deviate to the side.
- The chair should be completely comfortable, its main function is relaxation. So, when sitting, the neck should not be strained, hands should lie comfortably on the armrests. The body should not be constrained.
- Carefully check the appearance of the product. Inspect the joints, make sure there are no breaks.
To choose the most comfortable rocking chair for children, which will delight you and your kids for a long time, you need to take into account some of the nuances:
- For children who already know how to sit, choose a chair in which you can adjust the position. Check out what weight your chosen seat is designed for.
- Choose a chair that has safety belts.
- Choose a chair with a steel body and a fairly wide base.
- To make the chair as comfortable as possible for a child, it is necessary to put it in a chair before purchasing. Based on his reaction, it is already worth deciding whether this chair is suitable for you.
Important! It is impossible to move a chaise lounge while in it the child lies. Take the child in your arms before moving. Therefore, choose the mobility of the lounge chair that is convenient for you.
Rocking chair material
The most important thing in a rocking chair is the material from which it is made of natural wood or metal. All this should be considered when choosing a product. What tree is made of the chair, affects its price. The greatest value are the chairs made from rare species of trees. The backs of such chairs, as a rule, are upholstered with natural leather, sometimes an alternative option is used - eco-leather, less often fabric.
In variants of wicker chairs, in the classic version they use the most common soft woods. Like for example rattan or willow. The price of such a product is quite high, as weaving is done by hand. Usually those who can afford such a purchase for the home, choose the familiar rattan. These chairs look quite elegant and can withstand any weight.
Metal, as a rule, make only the skeleton of the product. For sitting prefer to choose natural material.
For chairs made of wood are often selected soft mattresses or pads. Thanks to them, the design of the room becomes brighter, they help to arrange the necessary accents.
The most expensive is considered to be products from exotic woods, such as flexible hevea.
The most important rule is to use the chair only for its intended purpose. Then the product will please you for a very long time.
Chairs that are not intended for the garden, in any case should not be taken out of the house, they are not intended to be exposed to direct sunlight, and in fact there is no special protective coating on them. Even the furniture that is intended for outdoor use, in inclement weather, it is better to bring into the house or hide under the film. This will help not damage the product ahead of time and keep its appearance for a long time.
Rocking chairs are designed to create comfort and bring peace to their owners. Therefore, their design is so diverse. After all, how many people, so many opinions. And although many are accustomed to consider rocking chairs appropriate only in retro - interior, they fit perfectly in the ultramodern.
Buying a rocking chair is not only a successful addition to the interior of the house, but also taking care of your health. Doctors believe that rocking chairs have a beneficial effect on human health. Here are some facts to confirm:
- During a slight rocking in a rocking chair, brain activity increases, and a peculiar hypnotic, soothing effect is created.
- If you are annoyed and cannot cope with anger in any way, dimensional wiggle will help you to restore the internal balance.
- Returns the tone of the muscles of the legs and back.
- Heart rate returns to normal and vascular elasticity improves.
- In diseases of the musculoskeletal system is very useful to relax in a rocking chair.
Designers recommend this year to add wenge furniture to your home. Any tree at home can be made of this shade, but in the classic version, experts say that natural wenge furniture will be best. This noble color has a lot of shades. However, so can only be called furniture from the array, where the structure of the wood is clearly visible. If you decide to make the walls of wenge, then this option will be interesting to look at the balcony or veranda. For the rest of the house this interior will be too gloomy, because the main feature in this style are dark deep colors that are not relevant in other areas. Wood furniture has always been a symbol of wealth. However, in such an interior should be careful so that your home does not work too gloomy. It should be remembered that this color is best used in a modern interior, the basis of which is contrast.
Furniture made of solid wood with a pronounced structure creates a feeling of peace. Wenge is not very suitable for the interior of the nursery. But it will look great in the living room, in the bedroom, and even in the bathroom if the interior is dominated by bright colors nearby.
Rocking chair and Provence style
The rocking chair looks great in almost any interior of the house. It is only necessary to choose a suitable model. For example, a rocking chair classic perfectly complement the interior of the house in the style of Provence.
What else is associated with a rocking chair if not with comfort. And simplicity and comfort are practically synonymous with Provence, which means province.
Furniture in Provence style has a great decorative value. Aged chest of drawers, chairs with charming carvings. Furniture with a touch of time - this is the basis of the interior in this style. The old chest of drawers, inherited from the grandmother, the family tea set, wicker rocking chair - a classic in the style of Provence. These things are always the main focus in the interior.
An aged armchair of wood, decorated with weaving can be a bright accent in the interior of the room in such a romantic style. Various family heirlooms, lots of vibrant flowers and charming, lovely statues are all Provence. They say that creating such an interior is necessary for generations. But why not try? After all, Provence is a way of life.