Every householder who cares about his home makes him beautiful and well maintained. Often in apartments there is a need to protect the outer corners of the walls or arches from damage, to cover the wallpaper pasted on the corners, and so on. Plastic corners are used for these purposes, but the question arises of how to glue a plastic corner so that it aesthetically emphasizes a window or arch, covers minor defects in repairs and protects external corners from accidental damage.
Now we have the widest choice of PVC corners of various sizes and colors. Designers are advised to choose the corners that best match the design of your room and are suitable for wallpaper, walls, floor, furniture and other interiors. How to glue plastic corners, knowing the simple steps of installation, you will learn below.
Simple technology fixing PVC corners
To begin with, we will define the tools we need:
- Knife, handsaw with a fine tooth or scissors;
- Adhesive composition:
- Dragon glue (the corner is pressed to the surface 3 minutes after application);
- universal polyurethane adhesive;
- transparent silicone sealant - suitable for tile in the bathroom / kitchen or areas with a small load;
- Masking tape
You should know that white glue is best for white corners, and color glue is best for color.
To glue the corner to the wallpaper, you first need to measure out the required number of corners. Most likely, you will get the corners, cut by whips, so they will need to fit to the desired size. On the vertical angle is usually spent one corner, which is cut very little. To cut plastic smoothly, you need to heat the knife over the gas. One side of the corner should be left 4-5 centimeters longer to adjust on the spot. If the wallpaper protrudes beyond the edge of the corner, they must also be carefully trimmed.
The adhesive is neatly applied with a dotted line to the inside of the corner with a mounting gun or sealant. Then you need to stick the corner to the surface and press it along the entire length with a napkin. Excess composition cleaned with a napkin.
If there is no danger of damaging the wallpaper, then the corner should be fixed with masking tape. After we give the glued corner securely fastened, and the glue base to dry. After studying this simple installation method, you will also know how to glue the ceiling corner.
Windows and doors - interior elements, which are also decorated with the help of corners. A transparent silicone sealant is well suited for sticking plastic corners on slopes. Most often, the corners are glued to new windows, but you still need to make sure that the surface is even, because any irregularities will not be able to hide any corner. On the surface there should be no nails, screws and other foreign objects, it must also be degreased. Bonding is carried out in the same manner as described above.
This kind of corners is not widespread, the interior without them does not suffer, but there are lovers who prefer just such a design. Such corners consist of three parts:
- Perforated rib;
- Facial concave part.
You customize the layout under the tile and revet one of the walls. It is best to cut the back of the corner and stick it with silicone.
Glue the corner to the arch
Such a decorative element as an arched corner is used to design curved structures. Such corners, as well as the usual straight lines, protect the corners, prevent shedding and erasing paint, clearly distinguish the form of structures.
Corner on the arch can be attached in the following ways:
- To glue on glue - the scheme of gluing is similar to vertical angles;
- Secure with screws;
- Fix with nails without caps.
The last two options slightly spoil the view of the corner, as they are noticeable, they can leave cracks or bend the corner.
In addition to PVC arched corners, there are perforated. They are mounted as follows:
- A tightly pressed corner is targeted by staples to the surface;
- Next, a solution of gypsum plaster is applied to it with a spatula, which is pressed in tightly;
- After the plaster has dried, it is ground with a mesh or emery cloth.
Ceramic corners and corners for tiles
Ceramic corner is most often used in the bathroom, where water mercilessly destroys building materials. Such a corner provides sealing and preserves the attractiveness of the interior. When buying this necessary detail, probably everyone wondered how to glue a corner to the bath.
Ceramic corner provides reliability and quality due to the following properties of ceramics:
- Environmentally friendly material;
- Resistance to deformation and hardness;
- High resilience to breaks;
- Resistance to temperature and moisture.
The only drawback of the ceramic corners is that they easily crack with serious mechanical damage, in other words, you should not drop something heavy on them.
Among modern ceramic borders there are:
- "pencil" - a thin convex strip of ceramics, closes the gap well, perfect for edging mirrors and dividing rooms into zones;
- "Angular" - has a triangular cross-section, conveniently applied to the surface of the bath and the wall;
- "frieze" - a low border, its length is equal to the width of the tile.
Well-chosen ceramic elements are ideally combined with the design of the tile and the entire bathroom.
How to glue the ceramic corner
Installation of ceramic corners is a fairly time-consuming and difficult work, similar to laying tile. So you can attach a corner on the tile or under it.
- First you clean the entire surface of dust and dirt;
- A layer of sealant is inserted into the gap using a pistol, the joints are leveled with a spatula or a wet hand;
- Then you prepare the adhesive composition offered by the manufacturer; it should hold onto the spatula well and not creep away;
- Customize the twin corners, leaving the smallest gap;
- You start laying with a corner, covering the back side of the corner with glue;
- The corner is attached to the joint, excess glue is removed;
- The next day, the corners poured abundantly with water to fix the glue.
The use of corners: PVC, ceramic, arched and other effectively protects the vulnerabilities of your apartment, as well as creates a unique atmosphere of comfort and tidiness. In fact, it is not so difficult if a little to understand the properties of the material and method of attachment.